It’s FALL y’all….well, here in the South it ALMOST feels like fall. There is a bit of a chill in the morning and I’m excited to start having soups, stews and chili on the menu. Another term I heard recently is “Crocktober” – cute right? EVERYONE is super busy in October and are looking for ways to use their crockpot to make life a bit easier.
This delicious Tomato, Kale & Quinoa Soup (from damndelicious.net) is a yummy way to have another kid friendly “Meatless Monday” dish on the menu. If you feel you need more protein add some cooked chicken breast. This with a side of crusty sourdough (my preferred crusty bread) and you have a delicious low-cal Monday dinner the whole family will love. People are always looking for a way to eat kale – I’ll send you my recipe for a perfect kale salad soon :).
CROCKPOT Tomato, Kale & Quinoa Soup
Pin it here: pinterest.com/pin/208784132705101888/
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed thoroughly
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans petite diced tomatoes
- 1 (15-ounce) can Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 pound kale, coarsely chopped
- The best part about this? All CROCK POT! It is literally this easy – still ALL ingredients, except kale, together in your crockpot.
- Season with salt & pepper. Cover and cook for 7-8 hours on low. Stir in kale until wilted.
- Serve immediately with crusty bread or rolls.
BTW – just found this YUMMY bread, highly recommend. It went great with my soup…..Check out those ingredients (or lack of). NICE.